Custom Made Leather Cowboy Cuffs: Leather wrist cuffs were used during the late 1800’s to protect cowboy’s wrists from rope burns, brush scrapes, cow kicks and to make shirt cuffs last a little bit longer. Buckles were used initially to secure the cuffs at the wrist and then around 1900 snaps were used. Listed here are pictures of some of the cuffs I have made and sold.
Requests for custom made cuffs are welcome. Accurate wrist, forearm and height measurements are required to make a pair of comfortable fitting cuffs. To obain measurements do the following:
1. Wear a long sleeve shirt when you take measurements.
2. Use a soft tape measure to obtain measurements.
3. Wrist Measurement. Wrap the tape measure around your wrist and gently pull the tape snug to where it is comfortable and as snug as you would want the cuff to fit. Note and provide this wrist measurement.
4. Height Measurement. Using a ruler, measure up your forearm from your wrist measurement, to determine how tall or high up your forearm you want the cuffs to be. Note and provide this height measurement.
5. Forearm Measurement. At the point of the height measurement, wrap the tape measure around your forearm, gently pull the tape snug to where it is comfortable and s snug as you would want the cuff to fit. Note and provide this forearm measurement.
Click here to see more samples of my work.
Please email me your questions.
(For a more detailed photo, please click on the thumbnail photos below.)